Processing inbound calls

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM
Edited Jan 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I'd like to build on the existing library to process inbound calls using strongly typed classes. You mentioned this in "future directions". If there is any code for this I'd like to build upon the base and of course contribute back to the project.  I'm fairly new to Twilio development but have a solid background with C#.

Since this project is the "REST Client Library", might it be more appropriate to create a "Server Library" for the other side of the equation?

Since we're here, I'm wondering if there is any value to developing a server library that corresponds to code written in other languages. So there would be classes Response, Play, and Say derived from a base class called Verb, and methods matching those in the PHP library for  example.  I'm just thinking it would make learning Twilio development easier if the libraries followed similar conventions.

[EDIT] I decided to take a stab at it and within the last few hours I created a C# library that's strongly based on the PHP library downloadable from Twilio.com. I'll keep banging on it. Comments welcome from anyone who has already done this and anyone interested in this work. I know there are other CodePlex projects intended to save some XML coding effort, but no source is provided for those and personally I prefer not to use code unless I have the source. The library I'm working on will be published as source.

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:54 AM

As indicated in the original post here, I've written a server library to compliment this client library.
See: The Twilio Server Library : TSL.NET

I'm using this REST Client Library as a "front-end" for testing.
The libraries can actually be integrated in some very interesting ways, sort of bluring the lines between which side is client and which is server.
I'll document this more at the TSL.NET project within the next few weeks.

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:47 PM

It looks like this project is dead. For anyone interested in Twilio development with .NET, take a look at TSL.NET. It's actively maintained, fully functional, and includes full source and extensive documentation and samples.

As mentioned here before, TSL.NET fully incorporates all of the functionality in this REST client library, and the REST components actually include code from this (dead?) project. So you're getting this package plus more functionality, plus it's being maintained, and I'll answer questions. :)